How to check the Authenticity of Power of Attorney for Online Registered Rent Agreement?
What are the validating conditions for Power of Attorney for Online Leave and License Agreement?
Ans: The two parties entering into a Power of Attorney are:
1. The Owner – who is authorising i.e giving the Power
2. The POA holder – one who is accepting the Power to act on behalf of the Owner
The following are the steps to authenticate the Power of Attorney for Registered Rent Agreement in Pune and Mumbai.
- Registered Or Notarised – Stamp and Seal.
- Notarisation / Registration Number.
- Stamp Duty of minimum Rs 500/-
- Stamp Paper from a particular State.
- ID proof of Owner and POA holder.
- Specifically mentioning of the clause “The POA can enter into Leave and License Agreement on behalf of the Owner”.
- Property Address Proof.
- Passport Size Photographs.
- Signature of all the parties – Owner and POA holders.
- Registered Or Notarised: The authenticity of a Power of Attorney is determined by the Stamp and Seal at every page of the agreement. This Stamp and Seal along with the signature of the Notary Officer should be present in every page of the agreement. Any page not having the Stamp and Seal may render the agreement as not authentic. Please see the sample copy below:
- Notarisation / Registration Number: Every Notarised / Registered Document has a Unique registration / Notraised Number. This is basically the number which is maintained in the Central Government Book of Registration / Notarisation. Incase required the number can be used for obtaining the records of the Document.
- Stamp Duty of Minimum Rs 500/–: The Stamp Paper or the Stamp Duty required for making the Special Power of Attorney for Registered Rent Agreement is Rs 500/- Any amount lesser than Rs 500/- as Stamp Duty shall not be accepted for making the Power of Attorney.
- Stamp Paper from a particular State: Where the Power of Attorney is made for executing the Leave and License Agreement of a Property going on rent, the Stamp Paper for making this POA should belong to that particular state. Stamp Paper of a different state for making a POA for that state will not be accepted.
- ID Proof of Owner and POA holders: Every POA agreement should be attached with the copies of the ID proofs of both the Owner and the POA holder. The following are the acceptable ID proofs:
1. Adhaar Card,
2. PAN Card,
3. Driving License,
4. Leave and License Agreement,
6. Voters ID.
The copies of all these ID proof should be signed by both the parties
- Specific mentioning of the clause “The POA holder can enter into Leave and License Agreement on behalf of the Owner”: Its mandatory for a Power of Attorney for Registered Rent Agreement to include the clause relating to the rights of the POA holder to enter into any Leave and License Agreement on behalf of the owner.. In the absense of this clause, the POA for Registered Rent Agreement may be considered as invalid.
- Property Address Proof: Apart from the ID proof of the Owner and the POA holder, the address proof of the house going on rent is also required. The following are the list of address proofs are as below. The POA should be attached with any one of the document as below:
1. Electricity Bill, or
2. Index 2 of the House or
3. Tax Receipt, or
4. Society Maintenance Receipt.
- Passport size Photos: All the parties to the POA should affix photos at the end of the page with signature cross signed across on the Photos and stamped on the Photos and the paper.
- Signature of all the parties: – Owner and POA holders The Final and the most important of all the requirements to execute the Power of Attorney are the Signatures of all the parties in the agreement. The signatures of all the parties should be there at the bottom of the POA. Also all the pages of the POA along with the attachments like the Address Proofs, ID proofs along with the Stamp Duty should be signed by both the Owner and the POA holder.
PS: The Power of Attorney Holder (POA Holder) should preferable be in the same city where the property is located, for easy approval.
For making your own Special Power of Attorney for making Registered Rent Agreement, follow the link below: