Q. What is the difference between Online Registered Rent Agreement and Offline Registered Rent Agreement in Pune and Mumbai?
Q. What is the difference between Online Leave and License Agreement and Offline Leave and License Agreement in Pune and Mumbai?
Ans: The following are the differences between an Online Registered Rent Agreement and an Offline Registered Rent Agreement. It is also known as “The Leave and License Agreement”
Offline Registered Rent Agreement:
This is a traditional method of preparing the Leave and License Agreement, where the hard copy of the documents (paper documents), i.e. Draft, Id Proof and Property proof (Electricity Bill and Index2 or Tax Receipt) are presented before the Sub-Registration Office and then once approved, the documents are stamped and assigned with Registration Numbers. The final registered hard copy is then scanned and then uploaded in the Government server and can be accessed whenever required.
The entire process of making Offline Registered Rent Agreement or Offline Leave and License Agreement is done within the premises of the Government Sub Registrar Office.
Online Registered Rent Agreement:
Due to the increase in volumes of the Registered Rent Agreement and overcrowding of Sub-Registration offices in Pune, Mumbai and rest of Maharashtra, in 2014 -15 the Government of Maharashtra took the initiative of modernising the entire process of making the Registered Rent Agreement (Leave and License Agreement). The Online Registered Rent Agreement or Online Leave and License Agreement was introduced with the concept of making the entire Registered Rent Agreement (Leave and License Agreement) outside the Sub Registrar Office at the convenience of one’s home or any other place like office. The whole process is simplified by just data entry and then biometric verification of the Owner and Tenants, by cross verifying the UID data (Adhaar Data) already available online.
The best thing about this process of Online Registered Rent Agreement (Online Leave and License Agreement) is that it can be processed from anywhere as long as the Owner and Tenants are available to provide their biometric fingerprints and photos to be verified by the UID data/Adhaar data available online.
Points of difference between the Online Registered Rent Agreement and the Offline Leave and License Agreement in Pune, Mumbai and rest of Maharashtra:
Offline Registered Rent Agreement (Offline Leave and License Agreement):
- Traditional Method of making the Leave and License Agreement.
- Done only at the Government Office (Sub-Registrar Office)
- Extra scanning and miscellaneous charges are levied.
- Hard Copy (Paper copy) is the Final copy after Registration
- Expensive due to the additional charges mentioned in pt 4
- Stamping is done with a Hand Round Stamp.
- Numbering and booking appointment is required for finishing the task as there will be heavy rush.
- 2nd/4th Saturdays and all Sundays are holidays for most Sub-Registrar Offices and hence, no task for this Leave and License Agreement (Registered Rent Agreement) can be performed.
- Final Hard Copy once Registered and Stamped is then scanned and uploaded in the Government Repository
Online Registered Rent Agreement (Online Leave and License Agreement):
- Modern Method of making the Leave and License Agreement.
- Can be done from anywhere provided the Owner and Tenants of the property are available to give Biometrics Fingerprint Scans and Photos.
- Very nominal cost.
- Soft copy is the primary copy. Hard copy can be made by taking a print out.
- Everything is prepared online including the Round Stamps.
- After the data entry, the next step is Biometrics of the parties of the agreement.
- The Online Registered Rent Agreement or Leave and License Agreement can be prepared all 24 hours – 7 days a week, as long as the Government server is running and there is no server maintenance.
- After the Biometrics, it takes 2-3 working days for the Government Sub-registrar officer to approve the document and release the final Registered Copy of the the Agreement with the Registration number.
- The Original Final Registered Copy is a Soft copy, which automatically is retained in the Government Server and hence no scanning required. Whenever required, it can be downloaded with the required document number or registration number with / without password.
For more details visit: Docuinkk